Do Robot Vacuums work?
Asking yourself, do Robot Vacuums work? Let us walk you through our experience….
With the era of technology now in full session, it is only expected that every item, appliance, and equipment around us is technologically inclined. Technology has taken over the entire world and has changed the way activities are performed. We now enjoy various improvements, thanks to the constant innovations that technology-inclined companies are making.
That said, it shouldn’t be new to you when the idea of a robot vacuum is mentioned. A robotic vacuum has been one of the best pieces of equipment for cleaning homes for a long time now, and according to professionals in the industry (like myself!), it was challenging to use and create at first. But after several tests and improvements, we now have the almost ideal result.
A robotic vacuum cleaner, also known commonly referred to as a Roomba (which is actually just one brand), is an autonomous robotic vacuum cleaner capable of operating intelligently. It is capable of cleaning areas in a specific region, with a remote controlling its cleaning part. It also has a self-drive mode that allows the machine to operate intelligently while cleaning your home.
We were privileged to work with some robotic vacuum cleaners recently, and this article is a compilation of what we found. This article will discuss three different top quality robotic vacuum cleaners, their pros and cons, and what to look out for when buying these vacuum cleaners. Read further to know more.
Table of Contents
What to look out for when getting a good Robot Vacuum Cleaner
When getting a good robot vacuum cleaner, you would need to consider some specific features and qualities. In this segment, we have listed some crucial attributes that you should look out for when getting a Roomba for your home vacuuming. This will help you determine ‘Do Robot Vacuums work? for your own situation…
- Noise Level.
Unlike regular vacuums, robot vacuums are less noisy, and some have an annoying noise similar to a mechanical grinding. That said, when next you’re going for robot vacuum shopping, try to get the noiseless vacuum.
- Your Flooring.
Irrespective of the power your robot vacuum possesses, they are best suited for hardwood floors, soft rugs, and carpets. If you’re getting a robot vacuum, you should get the vacuum with a HEPA filter for the deep-cleaning of your carpets.
- Remote Control.
Although these features shouldn’t be considered significant, you should look out for one of the few features when getting a robot vacuum cleaner. You can use a remote controller to change settings on the Roomba or control its direction around your room. Besides that, you could also set it to self-clean mode, which allows it to operate without supervision.
- The Size of your House.
The size of your home is another factor to consider when getting a Roomba. If your home is small, you could get a medium-sized robot vacuum cleaner because it doesn’t require much space. However, for bigger houses, a robot vacuum with a large dustbin and battery life will work efficiently.
The price of the Roomba you plan on purchasing is another factor to consider. If you have a tight budget, then you should try as much as possible to get a robot vacuum within your specified budget. However, if you can spare some extra change, then you could probably get a more efficient one, depending on your budget.
- Stair Detection.
Stair detection is a new feature that is now available on almost all Roomba models. This feature allows the appliance to detect ledges or steps in front before it approaches them. After successfully noticing them, it will then make a decisive action to avoid any damage.
- Control Apps
Control apps allow you to use your robot vacuum easily. You can initiate settings on your Roomba when going out and let its clocking system start the chore. This feature is available on Roombas that can connect to your home’s wireless router. All these features are what you should look out for when getting a robot vacuum cleaner.
Top 3 Robot Vacuum Cleaners
In this section, we will be discussing the top three (3) Roombas for your home. We will also look at their features, pros, and cons, and other details that you would need when trying to make a purchase…. so we can figure out together “Do Robot Vacuums work?’…. Let’s get started!
1. Yeedi K650 Robot Vacuum review
The Yeedi K650 Robot Vacuum is a powerful Roomba with an 800ML big dustbin, three levels of adjustable suction, and is compatible with Alexa and Boundary Strips Voice & App Control. If you are considering getting a budget vacuum that features bounce navigation, then the Yeedi K650 is the ideal Roomba for you. Aside from that, it is also Wi-Fi enabled and works well on kitchen floors.
- Voice and App control.
- Silicone Tangle-free Brush for blocking the suction port and avoiding continual manual cleaning.
- 0.71-inch climbing threshold.
- Bigger dustbin.
- Lacks the mopping function.
- The Yeedi K650 Roomba is a noiseless robot vacuum and is great for all homes.
- With a suction power of over 2000Pa, it is excellent for sucking up dirt, pet hair, and debris.
- The Yeedi K650 is cost-friendly.
- This Roomba comes available with a cleaning brush for its dustbin.
- Great for rugs, carpets, and kitchen floors.
- It lacks the mopping function that is available on other K series.
- The Yeedi K650 can pull and cut wires in its way, so get all the cables lying about, of the course of this super Roomba.
- The Yeedi K650 could develop problems with its voice and app control compatibility.
2. Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S
The Eufy BoostIQ Robovac 11S is a powerful Roomba with a super-thin design and structure. It also features a 1300Pa strong suction and self-charging ports. Eufy is a Roomba designed by Anker technology for effectively cleaning hard floors, carpets, and rugs. As mentioned earlier, it operates on a standard 1300 Pa suction and has the BoostIQ technology for increasing suction power every 1.5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is required.
- BoostIQ Technology.
- Noiseless clean.
- Self-charge port.
- Anti-scratch tempered glass.
- Remote controller.
- Eliminates all vacuum chores.
- It featured an anti-scratch tempered glass cover for fall and scratch protection.
- Suction power can be extended to over 50%
- Easy to use and setup.
- Eufy RoboVac 11S features BoostIQ for boosting cleaning power.
- Low dustbin storage space.
- Needs a large room for docking space.
3. Shark IQ RV1001AE
The Shark IQ XL RV1001AE RoboVac is a one-of-a-kind robot vacuum cleaner with the complete specifications. It features a self-empty feature that automatically releases stored up dirt through its detachable base after thirty days. Also, it comes with a self-cleaning brush roll, works with Alexa, and is self rechargeable. This Roomba could be compared to a deluxe version of the robot vacuum Yeedi designed due to its impressive plus specs. If you need a robot vacuum with all these powerful qualities and excellent features at the best price, then this Shark IQ XL RV1001AE Roomba is perfect for you.
- Voice command activation.
- Self-recharge function.
- Wi-Fi and Alexa enabled.
- Home mapping for intelligent-vacuuming function.
- Self-empty base.
- Features a self-empty base that allows it to empty dust and dirt without your notice or permission.
- The Shark IQ Roomba has an IQ function that allows it to map your entire house for a powerful vacuuming experience.
- Its self-cleaning brush roll allows it to remove pet hair and other long hair while cleaning.
- Features a powerful suction for deep cleaning your home carpets, kitchen floors, and thin rugs.
- The noise produced is deafening.
- Poor mapping functions.
- Alexa and Wi-Fi connections could fail most of the time.
- Problems with returning to its self-charge dock.
- Poor battery life.
So, do robot vacuums work? My final thoughts…
Roombas are powerful vacuum cleaners that don’t require much space and human control to function. With these devices, you are sure that your home will be cleaned at your set time and convenience. Certain types of these robot vacuum cleaners work with the aid of your Wi-Fi and AI assistants like Alexa. In summary, getting a Roomba is a significant step in reducing your cleaning chores and saving money on buying a regular vacuum cleaner.