How to Deep Clean Your Carpet ?
So, do you want a clean and fragrant carpet?
You may have asked Google on how to remove the stain from your carpet. Kids, pets or just a clumsy friend; it is likely that you have had your fair share of stain on the carpet. Removing stubborn stains from carpets is quite an annoying task! But, it doesn’t have to be difficult.
Table of Contents
Deep Cleaning a Carpet
Granted you do a great job spot cleaning. But, then the day comes when you turn around and spot that your carpet is a shade darker. Of course, carpets will get dirty.
Think about the time when kids spent playing Chutes and Ladders on the carpet, or watercolor painting, then suddenly spilled the solution on the carpet. Many of us own pets. They too can mess things up sometimes.
So, all this leads to situations when you really need to deep clean your carpet. Yes, you can deep clean your carpet without hiring a professional carpet cleaner.
Listed below are the five most effective ways to deep clean your carpet. Let’s get to clean!
Cleaning a Carpet: Method #1
Step 1 – Prepare the Carpet and Room for Cleaning
Before you start deep cleaning, make sure the carpet doesn’t have any object lying around. Pick up toys, papers, magazines, shoes, or any other item that could obstruct your cleaning. Throw away any visible debris or large item or trash from the carpet.
Move furniture, tables, TV stands, and other smaller items that could obstruct cleaning your carpet. Overall, you need to have the carpet completely to yourself.
Step 2 – Vacuum the Carpet
Carpet is the cesspool for dust, dirt, and other small particles. You want to vacuum clean the areas that were previously occupied by furniture, TV stands, etc.
Step 3 – Inspect Stains
There may be any soiled or stained areas that you want to get rid of. Before you clean the whole carpet, try to get rid of the visible stain out. In order to do so, use a carpet cleaning solution or all-purpose cleaners available on the market.
- Spray the solution over the stained areas
- Wait for 10 minutes
- Then, blot out the stain using a sponge or a damp
- Do not rub
Cleaning a Carpet: Method #2
- White vinegar
- A vacuum cleaner
- A carpet steam cleaner
- Use your vacuum to take out the dust, small particles, and threads out of the picture. Take your time and cover the carpet in 3 different directions using the vacuum.
- There are carpet cleaners available on the market in the US. But, if you want to prepare your cleaner paste, then take salt, borax, and white vinegar. Mix ¼ cup borax, ¼ cup vinegar, and ¼ cup salt together.
- Apply the paste to deep stains or heavily stained sections of carpet. Keep the paste on the carpet for several hours. Yes, you have to allow the paste to sit on the carpet for at least 3 hours. The paste has to dry completely. Once it does, vacuum the paste away.
- Now steam cleaner has to do its part. Steam cleaners are very efficient in removing stains. I have decided to use a steam cleaner instead of dry chemicals. As the name implies, dry chemicals will leave chemical residue on the carpet, thereby increasing the chance of health hazard.
Try to rent a steam cleaner if you don’t have a steam cleaner. Even if you do, renting is better. It’s because new steam cleaners have better efficiency. You may want to clean the steam cleaner a bit if it doesn’t look that new.
- Fill the machine with hot water. Hot water is potent enough to get the most stain out of your carpet alone. Many choose to use shampoo. If it works for you, then go for it. I just find water really powerful. Yes, the water has to be really hot to derive the potency.
- Most steam cleaner machines have two modes. Upon pressing a button will release hot water and releasing the button will suck water back up. Spend ¾ of the time spraying on the second mode.
- Soak the carpet.
- You can repeat the process three or four times. The stream cleaner you rented might as well get your money’s worth, right?
- Then, don’t forget to dry the carpet as much as possible.
- Once your carpet dried completely, you can set up the room like it was before. Bring the furniture, TV Stand, or any other item that you displaced.
- You may want to put aluminum foil under heavy items to avoid any grime sweeping into the wet carpet.
- Once you are sure of the complete dryness, you are free to walk again on the carpet.
- For deep cleaning, you can mix 1 cup white vinegar to 2.5 gallons of water. Many carpets are extremely soiled that they require deep cleaning. So, this is how could accomplish this.
If you want to deep clean your carpet, you can do it easily at home all by yourself. Carpets look threatening and heavy to try cleaning. But, cleaning can be a breeze if you have the tools and ingredients. Learn how can you deep clean your carpet from this article.