Wood floors improve the appearance of any room, but they do require extra maintenance to keep them looking new. That entails a thorough cleaning program that includes, most notably, the best vacuum for wood floors 💡
But how does a vacuum take the mantle for the best vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors? To begin, you’ll want a vacuum with soft bristles, and you can even get away with a vacuum that doesn’t have a brush roller at all.
Brush rollers are excellent for cleaning luxurious carpets, but they can leave small scratches on wood floors. Ensure your hardwood vacuum has either several brush rolls or accessories for carpet vs. hardwood or the ability to turn the brush roll off for safety.
A hardwood vacuum will also have sufficient suction to reach into the gaps between the wood boards.
See also: Best Vacuums under $150
Best vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors 👇🏽
1. Miele Complete C3
Miele has introduced a new low-noise, 1200-watt Vortex Motor. All models use the exact AirClean Sealed System to ensure that all dust and debris vacuumed stays where it belongs – inside the bag. The ‘Cat & Dog’ and ‘Limited Edition’ C3 vacuum include an Active filter, a HEPA filter with extra charcoal sheets for odor removal. The Dynamic Drive system, which employs unique castor wheels with air-injected tires that absorb shocks, ensures that all C3s glide smoothly.
Best suited for: Hardwood, wood floors, laminate, carpets + pet hair
- Due to their excellent, thorough design, they are relatively quiet and easy to operate.
- Complete C3 models work well on hardwood floors and panels.
- Large, large-scale container canisters, suited for larger households.
- For the costly ropes and hardwood floors, the brush on the Kona powerhead may be switched off.
- The handle is strong and robust and extends and collapses smoothly.
- Full C3 models are usually beneficial for allergy sufferers.
- The electrical brush takes up easy movement in close areas and brides tapes beautifully.
- If it overheats, it turns off automatically.
- They are high-priced canister vacuum cleaners.
- The Calima vacuum is used to clean low pile carpets and rugs.
- Calima’s suction wand lacks a handle, which makes it difficult to grasp.
- The bare floor attachment may have difficulty fitting beneath the furniture.
- The Soft Carpet’s cable rewind button is so sensitive that even a gentle touch from the hose causes the cord to rewind fast.
- It may be necessary to fight, squirm, and press hard to get it to snap into place.
- Although expensive, these are premium, state-of-the-art German-engineered vacuums. This kind of quality does not come cheap, and it may possibly last you a lifetime.
Air is used to energize a revolving roller to agitate and remove dirt, hair, and other debris.
To summarize, the Miele Complete C3, regardless of the model, is a fantastic vacuum cleaner that will last you a bit longer. This vacuum will clean hardwood floors, bare floors, carpets ranging in depth from fine to plush, upholstery, and furniture, among other things. Depending on the model you pick, you’ll be able to successfully get away from that annoying pet hair, allergies, and other particulates from the air you inhale.
2. Shark ION F80 Multiflex Cordless Stick Vacuum
The Shark F80 is a cordless stick vacuum with suction that works in tandem with two brush rolls. The front brush roll allows the vacuum to draw in big particles that would otherwise be pushed forward by the cleaner head’s front instead of accessing the suction region. If you vacuum every so often, the F80’s efficiency as your primary vacuum is evident. The Shark F80 can catch oats on tile floors as well as coffee grounds. On a second pass, the tiny brush on the side of the cleaner head does assist in moving dirt away from the wall base and into the suction region. Given the vacuum’s inability to reach some regions, 99 percent of the grains were cleaned up.
Best suited for: Hardwood, wood floors, laminate, carpets
- Capability to clean bare floors as well as carpets
- A powerful battery that generates high suction for an extended period of time.
- Removable batteries allow you to own multiples and increase the vacuum’s runtime.
- Dual brushes make cleaning many surfaces simple, quick, and safe.
- When the areas to be cleaned are not properly lighted, use headlights to improve visibility.
- Converts to a handheld vacuum for cleaning places where the entire unit cannot reach.
- The hand-vac is a bit hefty and tedious to operate.
- Moving the unit across carpets is difficult since the brush roll tries to drag the unit forward, however, this may be avoided by choosing a lower suction power.
- Lacks Filtration using HEPA
3. Miele Triflex HX1 Bagless Stick Vacuum
The Miele TriFlex HX1 is the cordless stick vacuum cleaner of every person’s dreams. Perfectly suited to whipping around or small or large hardwood house or business. It may be operated in ‘comfort’ mode with the power unit at the bottom of the handle. The model includes a crevice tool, cleaning brush, and upholstery attachment along with the wall mount kit and power converter. The Miele TriFlex HX1 is an ingenious concept, but the perimeter and shine of the different components made it seem a little slick to use at times.
Best suited for: Hardwood, wood floors, laminate, carpets
- Can maneuver between areas fast and effortlessly
- The battery doesn’t go for as long as other competitor models
- Dust and allergens may be produced
4. Roborock E5 Robot Vac
With minimal work on your side, a robot vacuum will keep your floors looking clean and neat. Push a button (or touch on your smartphone screen), and they’ll suck up crumbs, dust, and pet hair before you even see them. Automate cleanings, and they will begin at a predetermined time each day. These technological capabilities are a delightful surprise for people who despise cleaning since they keep your house clean without requiring you to bother about vacuuming.
Best suited for: Hardwood, wood floors, carpets
- Suction is quite strong.
- Battery life is extended.
- Excellent for low-clearance furniture.
- Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice commands are supported.
- Can be considered loud (but it’s not as loud as vacuuming!)
- There is no actual remote control or steering controls.
5. Shark HV322 Rocket Stick Vacuum
The Shark Rocket is a corded, lightweight in-hand vacuum. The cable is 27 meters long and provides a large room or two smaller rooms with plenty of suction. Unlike it’s cordless cousins, the HV322 will never run out of battery. This vacuum is nimble and quick to get the job done. It literally makes light work of it!
Best suited for: Hardwood, wood floors, carpet and rugs with low pile.
- 2-in-1 vacuum cleaner
- The litterbin is simple to clean
- Thick carpets are not recommended
My final thoughts on finding the best vacuum cleaner for wood floors
There is no one sizing for hardwood floor vacuums. Each vacuum style meets various requirements. In a decent hardwood vacuum and pet hair and fine dirt or dust, strong suction strength is necessary. A vacuum in a robot can be more efficient than a vacuum as it does not always have to be utilized while using it. Specifically for hardwood floors, look for brush rollers or fits. These gentle brushes remove waste from the gaps and cracks between the boards of wood and the finest dust particles to make it more thoroughly clean. Take into account the vacuum weight. Make sure you verify the importance and take charge of it.